599 reviews analysed
1. 97F9851 – 45 + 5 uf MFD 440 Volt VAC – GE Round Dual Run Capacitor Upgrade
2. PowerWell 12.5 MFD uf 370 or 440 Volt Fan Motor Run Oval Capacitor PW-12.5/440 Condenser for Air Handler Straight Cool or Heat Pump Air Conditioner – Guaranteed to Last 5 Years
- 12.5 uf / 12.5 MFD Capacitor. Replaces BOTH 370 & 440 VAC capacitors
- Can size measures 2″ Wide , 4″ Tall and 1.25 ” thick. Operating temperature range -40 C. to +70 C/ -40F to 158F
- Built to the TOUGHEST USA standards for AC motor run capacitors including EIA-456-A and IEC 60252-1:2001
- GUARANTEED TO LAST 5 YEARS. We are extremely passionate about our products and are fanatical about quality control in our workshops. ORDER NOW with peace of mind. No Catches
- Replacement for 97F9003 , 27L572 , Z97F9003 , P2911253 , C312L , P291-1253 , HCKS125V440Z , TP-CAP-12.5/440
A capacitor is an electric component that temporarily stores an electrical charge. A “run capacitor” supports electric motors, such as in air conditioner or heat pump units, a fan motor or a compressor motor. The capacitor has two terminals.
Capacitors come in a variety of sizes, depending on the capacitance (µF or MFD), such as 12.5 µF, and also the voltage. A 440 volt capacitor can be used in place of a 370 volt, as it is build better, but the 370 can’t be used in place of a 440 volt. It will work for a while and will fail prematurely, as exceeding the capacitor’s rated voltage will cause the dielectric to break down and the capacitor to short out. Same as an electric wire- 600V rated wire is better than 300V one .The capacitance(µF or MFD) must be the same or stay within 10%+ or 5%- of its original value . Example: 12.5 µF cap can be substituted by 11.87 to 13.75 MFD µF with the same or better voltage ratings capacitor . Oval-shaped run capacitors are commonly used for air conditioning, to help in the starting of the compressor or condenser fan motor.
You will ask “Why I need a Cap that is rated 440V in my A/C?”
Answer: You need to realize that a motor is an inductive device. When the supply voltage is applied to the motor run winding, the voltage across the start winding will be increased to a higher voltage value. A motor acts like a transformer with the run winding acting as the primary and the start winding acting as the secondary. This is why the capacitor has a much higher voltage rating than the 230 being the supply voltage.
If a Capacitor is not EIA-456-A approved means it is not approved for US market.
3. Turbo 200 Motor RUN Capacitor
4. Genteq Capacitor Dual Run Round 35uF + 5uf MFD (micro Farad) 370 Volt VAC 97F9834 (replace old GE# Z97F9834) 35uF/5uF at 370 volts
5. 97F9004-15 uf MFD 370 Volt VAC – GE Oval Run Capacitor Upgrade
- Proven EIA-456 Compliant 60,000 Hour Reliability
- High-Grade Metallized Polypropylene Film (5 to 12 microns thick)
- UL Approved / ROHS Compliant
- Dimensions are approximate / Subject to Change Without Notice
- OEM Replacement for the Following Brands: Aerovox , Amana , American Standard , Arcoaire , Armstrong , Bryant , Carrier , Coleman , Comfortmaker , Corsaire , Day & Night , Diversitech , Ducane , Goodman , Heil , ICP , Intertherm , Janitrol , Keeprite , Kenmore , Lennox , Luxaire , Mars , Miller , Nordyne , Packard , Payne , Rheem , Ruud , Tempstar , Titan , Trane , York , Weatherking , Whirlpool and more.
6. GE Genteq Replacement for Capacitor 30/5 uf 370 volt 97F9833, 370V, 30/5 MFD, Dual Run, Round Capacitor
7. MAXRUN 40+5 MFD uf 370 or 440 Volt VAC Round Motor Dual Run Capacitor for AC Air Conditioner Condenser – 40/5 uf MFD 440V Straight Cool or Heat Pump – Will Run AC Motor and Fan – 1 Year Warranty
8. 97F9816 – 60 + 5 uf MFD 370 Volt VAC – GE Round Dual Run Capacitor Upgrade
9. 97F5459-12.5 uf MFD 370 Volt VAC – GE Oval Run Capacitor Upgrade
This is a Brand New OEM GE/Genteq capacitor. GE/Genetq capacitors are top of the line capacitors, made in North America. GE/Genteq capacitors are used in a large variety of OEM applications.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Ge Run Capacitor 12 for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!